May 9, 2012

In Motion

When I first decided to launch a stationery company Jane hancock papers in 2006 I new right from the start that I wanted it to be more than just a hobby. I had dreams of building it up into my own little stationery empire. I remember and interview I did with HOW magazine where I proclaimed that I would take my line to the 2012 National Stationery Show in NYC. While I wont be a vendor this year I do have plans to be show my goods next year and have been working diligently to make that goal happen. The road has been bumpy there have been downfalls along the way, but I wont let that get me down.

So in an effort to raise funding for the new collection and NSS I tried my luck at a kickstarter project and while I was overjoyed at how many friends and family supported me the goal was not reached. I am not one to give up and the bad thing about KS is that you only get the funding if you reach your goal. The amount that folks had pledged would have been enough to at least get the line off the ground.



I decided to give it one more try this time I'm using a site called Boostive.com which uses PayPal for payment processing and has much lower fees. My new funding goal will allow me to create the new letterpress line & the home/gift line as well as send out awesome rewards to all those that make a donation. I know there are probably a ton of people that are asking you for your help everyday and it can be hard to say yes to one and not another. I get that times are tough but if you can make just a small donation of just $6-15 it can really add up and allow me to make my dreams come true. I hope that you will show your support. Let your friends know you made a donation and tell them they should as well.

xoxo - Rajshel

No comments: